Saturday, October 6, 2007

Poetry Books for Kids

Here is a list of recommended books on poetry:

There's a Wocket in My Pocket by Dr. Seuss
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
Parts by Ted Arnold
Giant Children by Brod Bagert

Check these out at the library and have a ton of fun!!
Also, check out this web site featuring Jack Prelutsky, one of my favorites,

http://www.jackprelutsky.com

Here the kiddos can read some fantastic poems and learn all about this wonderful author!

This is another great site:

http://www.gigglepoetry.com/

Here the kids can have fun reading and rating lots of great poems! They can also learn how to write different types of poetry!

For now here is a poem for you to enjoy:

Booger Love

I love this little booger,
All shiny green and black.
You can hold it for a minute,
But I want my booger back.

It stays right where I put it,
It sure knows how to stick.
And if it gets too dry…?
It just needs a little lick.

I can hold it on my finger,
I can flick it in the air,
I can stick it underneath a desk,
Or underneath a chair.

I can make a ball and roll it
Just to see which way it goes.
I love this booger anywhere…
Except inside my nose.

No comments: