Thursday, January 3, 2008

READ ACROSS AMERICA CHALLENGE


It's Read Across America Time!! I am soooo excited and so are the kids! I sent home an informational flyer giving the gist of the program, but for those of you who haven't seen it . . . here is the info:
I have challenged the kids to Read Across America. For each page of a book, magazine, or newspaper that they read, they get a mile towards going around the world. The class' goal is to READ AROUND THE WORLD before Mrs. Nutt & I READ ACROSS AMERICA!! The kids need to read approximately 19,000 pages and Mrs. Nutt and I have to read about 4,300 pages. The kids are already excited about this program . . . you should see a Reading Log come home and all that I ask is for you to initial your child's log when they read at home. I take weekly totals and I will be sure and post the results to this blog site! Happy Reading Everyone!!

By the way, the kids need to read a minimum of 500 pages in order to be invited to Dr. Suess' birthday party on March 3! Thanks for your support!!

No comments: